Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A loathing of Santa Clause

While decorating our Christmas tree.

Me: So Santa comes down the chimney and brings presents for good little girls and boys. He puts them under the Christmas tree and then jumps back up through the chimney onto the roof where he flies away in his magic reindeer drawn sleigh!

Jane: Ooooh.

Kate: I don't like Santa Clause! He shouldn't come to our house. This is our very own house! NOT HIS!

Me: But don't you want Santa to bring you presents?

Kate: I don't want presents from Santa. Only from Mommy and Daddy.

Me: But Santa wants to bring you presents for being such a good girl?

Kate: I don't want to be a good girl!!!


Hmmmmmm... This Santa thing isn't working the way I thought it would.

2 comments:

The Cooks said...

Hahaha, that is quite a dilema. Good luck with that one.

Katie said...

how cute!

Hey email me your home address so I can send you a Christmas Card!

katie577@hotmail.com