So... I guess college football wasn't enough excitement for Scott today because after the PITT game ended he decided that the tree in our backyard had the perfect branch for a tire swing.
We don't have a ladder so Scott nailed some 2x4s to the tree in hopes of creating a sturdy ladder. While climbing his "ladder" I was reminded of many scenes from Indiana Jones. He would step onto one footing and by the time he would get his other foot on the next one the previous footing would come crashing to the ground! Scary and hilarious all at the same time. When he made it up high enough in the tree he then had to stand on his tippy-toes on a branch teetering back and forth as he drilled and screwed a fastener into the perfect branch. Also scary and hilarious!
The tire swing turned out perfectly and the girls LOVE it! And I love my handy husband. Sadly, it started snowing and getting way too chilly for them to stay out too long so reluctantly we had to come inside. But really, it's December... what else can be expected?
Saturday, December 6, 2008
A Snowy Saturday Project
Posted by Heather at 11:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
oh my gosh that looks way fun. we'll have to come over :) haven't seen you in a while - you guys been out of town?
I LOVE the swing- that's awesome!!!! Can't wait till we can come see you guys!!!!
Your girls are too cute!! Honestly they both are beautiful. And I don't if I told you but you and your husband look like such a cute couple.
Post a Comment