I have been potty training Kate since she was a year and a half. She has done really well, save for one thing... the infamous #2. She absolutely refused to plop a deuce in the potty. For a year now she has done incredibly well with her other potty actions. She even sleeps through the night without accidents. But that pooping in the potty thing she just found wildly unreasonable.
A couple weeks ago (a few weeks shy of Kate's third birthday) Jane ran up to me patting her bum yelling "Poo poo". She often does this when she makes a messy. I checked her diaper. Clean. So I walked her to the bathroom and sat her on the potty, just to see. I mean, she's a year and a half now, it's about time she started potty training. Well, can you believe... She went, right then. YAAAAAAAAAY! Now I know I have a long way to go with her but that was Fantastic!
Well, Kate witnessed this happy moment and that day, with the promise of brand new princess panties, decided that if a baby could make ploppys in the potty she sure as heck could make ploppys in the potty! I haven't had to change her diaper since! Hooooooray!
Now I realize that social coaxing is something that I might want Kate to steer clear of in the future but for now I would just like to say, THANK HEAVENS FOR PEER PRESSURE!
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Peer pressure and other social actions to encourage POOP!
Posted by Heather at 10:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment