Thursday, April 10, 2008

Quirky things that make me tick.

Katie, I just read your blog so here it is.

Here are the rules:
A: Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves
B: At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names; then goes to their blogs, leaves them a comment letting them know that they have been tagged and invites them to read your blog.


1- After each of my work-outs I go absolutely crazy if I don't eat something sweet. My skin starts crawling and my head starts buzzing until I get that something sweet in me. This is really strange since I don't crave sweets all that often. Now normally I can eat one tiny bite of ice cream or a tiny bite of something equally sweet and be done with it. But occasionally I eat the sweets with such gusto that I scare myself and and immediately follow up my pig-out by doing 100 sit-ups which then gives me the need to eat something sweet...

(FYI... I followed up my work out today with a large plate of Oreo cookies! Ugh!)


2- I wake up quite a bit during the night. A habit from years of late night pregnant peeing and newborn nursing. Well... every time I wake up it's dark... and I can't see my husband. He could be anyone! He could be some crazy, demented, psychopath who offed my husband, hid his body under the bed and was so tired from the said offing that he decided to take a quick crazy man nap next to me before he proceeded with his evil doings. Anyway, each time I wake up I run my finger over the bridge of my husband's very distinct nose. Satisfied that it is him and not some crazy I roll over and resume sleeping.


3- I have to cook in a clean kitchen. It totally wigs me out to cook in a kitchen when there are dishes in the sink or crumbs on the counters.


4- I have an addiction to men's deodorant. I love it! It smells so good! Now instead of running around smelling the armpits of random men, (which I've never done of-course. I promise! That would be weird.) I just wear the heavenly substance myself. Every morning during my grooming routine I pull out my manly deodorant and begin the application process, but the smell is so divine that I can't stop. So instead of the standard 2 or 3 swipe I tend to swipe each armpit about 15 or 20 times.


5- Now, just like you Katie, every night before bed you can find me checking my kid's breathing and all the locks on the doors and the windows in my house. I also check all of the closets in the house to make sure there are no crazy psychopaths hiding within. The closet thing I actually do have good reason to be OCD over though. When I was 19 I had a guy break into my apartment while I was not home. When I came home he was still there and hid in my roommates' closet. I spent 3 hours in the apartment before I realized he was there.


6- I spend 10 minutes each night in front of the mirror examining my pores. I know it's very Charlotte from Sex and the City but I can't help myself.

2 comments:

Katie said...

okay your crazy too. J/k I am the same with cooking, can't cook until dishes are done and kitchen is clean, than I clean while I cook. told ya im a nut. Good to talk to you today.

Camilla said...

lol.. fun to read about your quirks! I think all moms do the thing at night where they have to check on all the kiddos and the locks and all. I am always worried some psycho is in my basement and am a bit little girlish and scared to go down there and do laundry at night time!