So... about five weeks ago my mother's Saturday afternoon went something like this:
Ring... ring... ring...
My mom: Hello
Me: Hey Mom! How are you?
My Mom: I'm good. What are you doing?
Me: Oh not much. Guess what! I have some news for you. I'm pregnant!
My mom: Really! That's so fun! How are you feeling? When are you due? That's so exciting! blah blah blah etc etc etc...
You know the normal sort of daughter announcing her pregnancy to her mother conversation.
However, not 20 seconds after she hung up the phone with me...
Ring... ring... ring...
My mom: Hello
Melanie (My big sister): Hi mom. I have something to tell you... I'm pregnant!
My mom: Call your sister!
That's right my mom got double grammied in one day!
Congratulations Mom on the nearing births of your 7th and 8th grandbabies!!!
Congratulations Melanie on the nearing birth of your second child!!!
And congratulations to me on the nearing birth of my third child and the MASSIVE amount of weight I am about to gain!!!
Saturday, January 3, 2009
About Five weeks ago...
Posted by Heather at 7:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
hey I saw that Melanie is preggo too. How exciting. So when is your due date I know hers is in July right? congrats!
I'm due August 12th but they will take the baby 2 weeks early for the c-section so I don't get a chance to labor and rupture anything. So I will have a July baby.
Hurray for gaining weight! Let's have a contest to see who will gain the most??
Oh, I will kick your trash in a weight gaining contest!!! Bring it on! Should we wager a bucket of ice cream!
That's so exciting!!! Hopefully you'll have a little boy this time. We miss you! Take care and have a wonderful New Year!! When are you do?
how fun to be pregnant together with melanie! and congrats on adding another beautiful baby to your family! have you told the girls yet? i bet they will be such great helpers!
The cousins are multiplying fast! How exciting, congrats!
hooray! Congrats Heather! And though I am yet to see you preggo, I'm sure you are just lovely, whatever you may claim:)
And omg, sorry about the ballet class!!! I SWEAR there were two spots left when I registered Naomi. So "technically" it wasn't me! Really I wish you could have got her in though:( I was watching my back today.... :)
Post a Comment