So... I took Kate to a tumbling class last Saturday. She was so excited for it and had talked about it for weeks. "Mommy, when do I get to go to summersault school? When do I get to go to summersault school?!!!" It was so cute and I was getting excited myself to take her. Well the day finally came. We took her into the gym, which was awesome, equipped with trampolines, rock-climbing walls, summersault wedges, etc.... The instructors let me walk her in for a minute, which may have been a mistake because she started crying for me to hold her hand or stand next to her the whole time. She just could not get comfortable and asked continually to leave. I felt so bad. She finally got comfortable near the end of class when all of the kids got free play and were able to use the trampolines, tumbling mats, and the rest at will. Kate stuck with the summersault wedge and did about 50 summersaults before the end of class. When we left she said that she had fun doing the summersaults and that she was glad Miss Lilly taught her how to do them the right way but she did not want to go back. I am so sad about this. I think that if she would give class another couple of chances she would love it. I talked to a Dad there who said that almost every kid is nervous and cries the first time but after a couple of classes they love it and start begging to go. I don't know if that's the case or if he was just trying to make me feel better. Scott doesn't want to take her again and I'm still on the fence on the idea. Maybe it would be easier for her if she had a friend there. Let me know what you think. Have your kid's done the same or not. I'd really love some advise. Thanks!
Look how cute Kate is when she's nervous. She's even biting her fingernails!
Another GROSGRAIN giveaway!!!
GrosgrainStore.com Grand Opening & Giftcard Giveaway!!!!!!!!
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Summersault School
Posted by Heather at 9:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
oh man that sounds so fun... perhaps ballet would be less intimidating? Maybe it would be better if Alayna did it with her? I'm so excited they'll be in nursery together again!! How did the move go? You better take me up on my babysitting offer! You're probably worn out!
Actually we don't move until Friday!!!
Heather Maggie was in dance and soccer and she loved it. But the first time in Soccer she was a little bit shy. In dance they don't let the parents watch and that is why. But you know it wouldn't hurt to try again to she is she likes it. She really isn't ever away from you is she? You do preschool at your house right?
Post a Comment