Monday, September 29, 2008

Don't you just love a man who can wield a hammer?!

So... Scott and I decided that we have been doing the involuntary cuddle long enough. Six foot three and six foot of body is just too much for a queen size bed. We went out and bought a new king size mattress the other day but opted not to buy a frame. My amazing handyman hubby built me one instead!
Below are some pictures of just a few of his many manly works of art.
I'm really into shabby chic furniture (as seen in the photos) and Scott always likes to give me what I want! ;)


So much heavenly room!


Toy box/bench Scott built for the girls.


Scott surprised me with this last Christmas. As soon as he unveiled it I asked if he was pregnant!


2 of a set of 4 picture frames Scott built me for my birthday.


I once saw picture frames similar to these before Scott and I were married. I talked about wanting a set quite a few times to Scott and on our 4th anniversary I was presented with these beautiful frames!

7 comments:

Nick and Serina said...

Your husband is very talented!!! It looks like things are going great! Your girls are getting so big. Miss talking to you. When I have a moment I'll have to give you a call!

Katie said...

Wow he is talented!! Who ever knew??? Maybe he should do a side business!

Arrington's said...

You do have quite the handy man you lucky girl! Oh ya and i'm sooo jealous of your king bed. The bigger i get in this pregnancy the more i think i need a king...it's on my wish list

Rachel said...

awesome job Scott!! love the bed! the bassinet is my favorite!!

panamon101 said...

I feel so... male, but I like the work that man of yours has done.

Camilla said...

i am impressed you waited so long to get a king! when we first married we had a full size bed. fast foward about 9 months and i am 7 months pregnant and DONE with no room for all my pillows to support my belly and back etc. so we went bed shoping. not a good thing to do that pregnant and desperate for sleep! we bought a huge king size pillowtop matterass. i am glad you finally have one too!

AND WOW look at your handy husband! I love it. our bed is just on a metal basic frame thing. the toy chest is awesome and i love the picture frames. look at him all useful! i am really impressed

Natalie said...

Thanks for the invite to your blog! I'm so glad I can read it now. What a talented husband you have - so cool. And I'm SO jealous of your king sized bed!!!